As parents we are focused — zeroed in on — the health and growth of our children.
We can’t wait for their first smile. Their first laugh. Their first steps. Their first legit potty training success. Their first moment of reading.
All of these milestones and developmental moments prove our parenting is working.
It is as if we are rushing them through to get to the next best thing.
I know, I’ve done it, too.
But in this week’s Parenting Lesson Podcast Episode on The Abundant Mama Show, I’m breaking this down a bit.
Maybe we’ve got it all wrong.
Maybe we need to let them be little … while they are still little.
You’ll want to listen to this one. It’s not what you think.
This is lesson 3 in my 13 Parenting Lessons from 13 Years of Parenting.
Inside this Episode
- The blog post that brought me to my knees and changed everything
- What is the secret to raising happy children?
- What does it mean to be a child?
- How can we let our children live more fully?
- Why it is so important to let a childhood play out.
- What would we do differently — if today was our last day?
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- The Abundant Mama Home Study
- The Abundant Mama Peace Circle
- The Secret to Raising Happy Children blog post