“The more time you spend thinking about yourself, the more suffering you will experience.” ― Dalai Lama
Acceptance, as it turns out, is absolutely the root of the family wellness work that I’ve been teaching inside The Abundant Mama Project for years.
This idea of “acceptance” is so truly the first step in understanding how to really find joy in the chaos of motherhood — and life — that I find that it truly is the first step in our journey as mothers.
And acceptance also happens to be one of the 8 Pillars of Joy from The Book of Joy, the book I’ve been discussing during a 3-part podcast series this month.
This week on the latest episode of The Abundant Mama Show, I’m talking about how acceptance and forgiveness are a part of our path as Abundant Mamas.
Learning to Accept the Chaos of Motherhood
This idea that we can accept our lives — embrace our lives as it is — is what every lesson, prompt and activity I offer in my coaching allows you to sink into.
Because we can’t reach a state of enoughness as long as we think it’s better on the other side.
—-> Take a listen to the podcast below and please share with a friend if it resonates with you!
Inside this Episode
- What is Joy and how do we find it?
- Can we accept hard moments?
- What are the 8 Pillars of Joy?
- How does acceptance play into joy?
- How do you find acceptance?
- Practicing self-forgiveness for the sake of joy.
- Learning to offer compassion toward ourselves during the chaos.
Resources inside this Episode
- 10 Habits of Highly Effective Mamas
- The Abundant Mama Project Program (Registrations for this program end on March 30)
- Joy vs. Happiness
- How to Rock Joy in the Hard Times (Part 1 of 3)