One of the first suggestions I offer to my coaching clients is to set strong boundaries around phone use and social media.
The reason is, of course, because the main reason a woman comes to me for private coaching is because she wants to focus and set priorities that improve her life — and follow through and get them done.
All of that is really hard to do when you spend most of your time being influenced by the outside world rather than tuning into your own inner wisdom and guidance.
Plus, over-consuming new information and ideas seriously leads to overwhelm and anxiety. So if you lean toward the anxious state of life, consider what you are bringing into your mind on an hourly basis.
So, here is a 50 Things You Can Do Instead of Checking Your Phone so you can stay on task — or reduce overwhelm in your life.
- Stop everything and set an intention.
- Take 10 minutes to review your planner and/or to-do list.
- Take 10 minutes to do ONE thing on your self-care bucket list.
- Close your eyes and breathe.
- Sit down and read a chapter.
- Step outside and look up at the sky.
- Create your meal plan for the next week.
- Declutter a drawer or closet.
- Do something totally playful and fun.
- Write a poem.
- Read a poem.
- Text with a friend or relative.
- Clear a surface
- Take a walk.
- Throw a dance party.
- Paint your nails/cut your nails.
- Do yard work.
- Collect 5 things to donate
- Clear your pantry and organize
- Plan a gathering
- Learn something
- Start a gratitude journal.
- Journal about tomorrow
- Plan a warm-weather outing for later this year.
- Write a thank you note.
- Do a financial check-in
- Start a family gratitude practice
- Plan your week
- Take a class.
- Light a candle.
- Peel and eat an orange mindfully.
- Eat a piece of chocolate very slowly.
- Hand-letter a quote you love
- Wash your face (and hands) mindfully and slowly.
- Do 15 jumping jacks or crunches.
- Climb the stairs a few times
- Cry — if you need to. It’s OK.
- Allow yourself to just not be busy.
- Make a gift for someone
- Sit and do nothing.
- Tidy a room
- Plan the next birthday in your family
- Take time to Journal.
- Clean your sink
- Drink a cup of tea in quiet
- Doodle your day
- Do a mind dump on paper
- Drink a glass of water
- Wrap in a blanket and daydream
Interested in exploring private coaching? Book a FREE 30-minute discovery call with me now. These sessions are designed to see if my style of coaching is the right fit for you. Learn more here.