We all have one or two — or more — bad habits that we constantly find ourselves doing when we could be doing more productive, enjoyable things.
I’m talking about things that really don’t need to be done as much as we do them. But, we feel obligated and required to do them.
Of course, we’ve created this internal expectation of ourselves.
All of this creates busyness. And since we’re trying to #BanBusy from our family lives, it’s time to kick some bad habits to the curb.
I’m totally at fault for some of these myself at times, particularly when I’m tired — especially when I’m tired.
Feeling exhausted just seems to breed more tired behaviors and bad habits.
And so instead of sleeping, we fight sleep and we do these weird habits that only make us feel more tired and more overwhelmed rather than rested and ready to rock the world. And all of this leads to more and more mom burnout, not less.
Bad habits are formed almost without effort. And yet those same bad habits are eating up our hours, leaving us wondering where all of our time went today.
The trick, of course, is learning new habits to replace the bad ones.
Here are 20 Bad Habits to Stop Right Now To Stop Busy Mom Burnout:
- Checking your email every time it pops into your inbox.
- Cleaning everything all day.
- Worrying about things you cannot control.
- Reading your Facebook feed when bored or tired.
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Waking up too late.
- Filling your calendar with too much to-dos.
- Expecting too much from a single day.
- Juggling multiple things at once.
- Forgetting to do the important things first.
- Waking up and checking email first.
- Going to bed with your phone or other device.
- Sitting all day at the computer.
- Looking at a device more than those you love.
- Putting off little things for so long they add up to become big things.
- Forget to schedule time for relaxing and fun.
- Rushing through every single moment.
- Not really listening to those around you.
- Saying yes to everyone but yourself.
- Not knowing how to say no with grace.