It’s no secret around here that I love mornings. A new day of opportunity. Solitude. Quiet.
But it’s not always easy to wake up and start the day with a smile. Early risers. Up-all-night nights. Hot, feverish children laying against us.
A bad case of the cranks and everyone’s down in the dumps.
So, I keep trying to perfect them and massage them so that their imperfections feel beautiful and wonderful for at least a few minutes.
Because there is no better bliss than happy mornings.
When there is a bit of peace in the mornings it feels so wonderful. Like you’re on top of the world.
I’m coach so many mothers to start their day early — and with a positive intention for the week — or the day so that there is a conscious focus on what you need to address for the day.
Quotes can be those intentions just as much as your own words. So use these ideas as your inspiration. Your morning muse. Your wake up call. Your centering moment.
Choose a quote. Write it down. Read it every morning.
- “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” ― Meister Eckhart
- “It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom.” – Aristotle
- “The early morning has gold in its mouth.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” – Paul Valery
- “Lose an hour in the morning, and you will be all day hunting for it.” – Richard Whately
- “I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.” — E. B. White
- “Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.” — William Blake
- “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh”, said Piglet at last, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?” “What’s for Breakfast?” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?” “I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing” he said.” — Winnie The Pooh
- Don’t just drag out of bed every morning. Get alive and awaken your mind and body for the gift of a brand new day gift wrapped with sun light and air. Not just another ordinary day, it is the day of new opportunities.” — Phoebe Kites
- Good morning is not just a word, its an action and a belief to live the entire day well. Morning is the time when you set the tone for the rest of the day. Set it right.” — Fain Blake
- No you are not too late nor are you too old. This morning make up your mind to live anew. Life is not in the mundane boring things but in being alive and doing exciting things.” — Mira Banquets
- Don’t underestimate the power of thoughts and words. What you tell yourself every morning will set your mind and life on that path. Talk success, victory, happiness and blessings over your destiny.” — Nina Bolivares