Marriage while parenting.
It isn’t easy.
Children take up so much of our time, our money and our energy.
The impact on marriages is always so obvious in my work with hundreds of women around the world. Each time I work with another class of Abundant Mamas they share how they feel as if they’ve lost themselves — and their marriages.
Motherhood changes everything. It’s true.
But I haven’t met an Abundant Mama yet that doesn’t see the value in improving her marriage once she’s out of the trenches of raising little ones.
As we gear up for our SECOND class of ReKindle, a 6-week home study program to help you get unstuck in your marriage and start thriving again, I am reminded of my own need to check-in and do some bigger picture reflection on where our marriage is right now.
This kind of zooming out — which is one of the 10 Habits of Highly Effective Mamas that I talk about all the time — is good healing medicine for a marriage that has been lost through the joys and hardships of raising children.
We love our children. We want to give them everything. We want them to grow up strong and healthy.
But we need to also see the value in putting that same energy into our marriage so it can be strong and healthy for a long time to come.
As I was writing these questions below, I realized just how vital a list like this is and hope to start putting this on my to-do list more frequently. Taking a few moments with a cup of hot tea and some quiet music was just what I needed to spark my own personal mission of showing up bigger and better in my marriage.
So here you go … 10 Powerful Questions to Ignite A Spark In Your Marriage Again:
- Are we spending enough quality time together?
- What do we love to do for fun — together?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how emotionally connected are we? Physically? Spiritually?
- When my partner walks through the door, how do I want to feel?
- Marriage should feel like ______.
- Where do we need to put more energy into our relationship?
- What is our biggest strength as a couple?
- How am I showing up in this relationship?
- How are we balancing time for our family, ourselves and our marriage?
- Are we communicating our needs effectively?
Ready to put more Energy into Your Marriage? ReKindle, a 6-week program designed to help YOU get unstuck in your marriage and start thriving again, will be offered again soon. GET ON THE WAITLIST HERE.