It’s easy to let the worries and stresses of parenting take over. But, when we live our life full of abundance, we’re seeing things differently. We’re noticing the amazingness in those things we literally see 100 times in a childhood.
I’ve watched my girls do these things a hundred times, at least. Each time, I stop and noticed and stand in awe.
One hundred times I’ve …
- Watched as their little hands cup around a tiny glass to drink.
- Saw their eyes light up at the smallest wonders … shimmery lights, a fresh blanket of snow, worms on the sidewalk or bright red cardinals in the tree.
- Laughed as their hairs stood on end with a great bout of static electricity either inside a warm winter coat or coming down a plastic slide.
- Brushed their long, silky hair with my hand to serve as a brush, a comfort, a way for me to stay close to them.
- Read silly, happy, angry handwritten notes that they’ve created by themselves for me.
- Shared their joy as they’ve eaten things like cotton candy, cookies dipped in milk, chocolate shell on ice cream.
- Squealed with happiness at their love of petting kittens, dogs, goats, rabbits, chicks, chickens, and other animals that they adore.
- Take pictures of them in our front yard tree, in our backyard pool, on our front porch all showing me how they’re growing before my eyes.
- Sit in absolute awe as I rub my hand backwards on their legs, noticing the hair that has grown there just this past year.
- Reveled in the kisses and hugs that say hello, good-bye, goodnight, good job, I’m sorry, you’re OK and I love you.
How about you? What pleasures have you witnessed a hundred times and hope to witness a hundred more?
:: Looking for more abundance in your life. Sign up for The Abundant Mama Project, a daily gratitude project that is bringing mamas from around the world together to share the goodness in their lives.